HAPPY FALL EVERYONE!!!
Fall and Winter are my absolute favorite seasons and I can’t wait to transition my wardrobe to suit the colder weather. This means more layers, boots, scarves, and sweaters! I have decided to start a new idea/theme for the start of every season and I can’t wait for you to continue reading about it! The hashtag #SeasonswithSyd will be my first post for every season that will consist of my personal ideas for the Season’s 1) 5 Essentials and 2) 5 Thing to do/Bucket List. The #SeasonswithSyd post will also be an introduction to upcoming outfits, crafts, etc that will later be posted related to that particular season, in this case, it’s FALL!!
Layers that include sweaters and cardigans are an absolute must-have for Autumn but I also listed a variety of different colors, makeup, etc that are in trend for this weather!
- Dark Red/Purples (Cranberry, Burgundy, Maroon, etc): Deeper reds/purple tones are such a perfect way to add color to an outfit so it doesn’t look washed out. You can opt for nail polishes, plum lipstick, and jeans! It definitely makes an outfit appear rich and darker to suit the crispy weather.
- Thigh High Boots: Longer boots above the knee elongate the leg but they have to be worn in a certain way so it won’t clash. It’s best worn with tighter bottoms (leggings, skinny jeans, etc) and a looser top (over size kimono scarf, sweater, etc)
- Khaki Coats/Jackets: Instead of opting more the usual brown, black, or grey, Khaki is the new color! It’s still very neutral and can be used a a versatile piece in everyone’s closet!
- Sc-kimono’s: Sc-kimono’s or in other words, Scarf Kimonos are a perfect way to dress up any outfit. They’re super comfortable, cozy, and can be used as a cardigan, scarf, and even a blanket! I definitely recommend using them on those lazy fall days.
- Rose-gold: Rose-gold has been my “IT” color this fall with accessories, clothing, and even makeup looks. The mix of blush with a touch of gold as an undertone can highlight so many features without looking overwhelming. I love pairing it with nudes/khaki colored clothing as well!
- Visit a Pumpkin Patch: Going to a pumpkin patch is a must for fall. There’s so many options around town so some places may have a low entrance fee or may be free to the public! I absolutely love pumpkins and pumpkin patches may also have tractor/hay rides, a petting zoo, corn maze, etc. Be sure to buy your favorite pumpkin and carve a Jack-o’-lantern!
- DIY Halloween Costume: Costumes are definitely one of my favorite things about the Halloween season. There’s so many ways to personalize your outfit so I suggest looking at your local thrift store or craft store and look on Pinterest for ideas!
- Haunted House/Scary Movie: The Halloween season is the number one excuse to step out of your comfort zone. However, going to local haunted houses or watching scary movies with a group of friends is so much more fun!
- Enjoy the outdoors: The cooler weather is a good reason to enjoy a nice autumn nature walk, go apple-picking, have a photoshoot in the leaves, etc. The air is so fresh and crisp so take a moment to enjoy it all!
- Put those baking skills to the test: PUMPKIN EVERYTHING!! Feel free to bake for family events and other occasions. Pinterest also has great recipes for pumpkin pie, pumpkin loafs, and other fall goods such as apple cider and apple strudel.
-Top: Forever 21
-Jeans: Articles of Society Jeans
-Jacket: Zara Basic
Dream. Create. Inspire.